Over the last couple of weeks an intense debate has erupted over the Biblical definition of “Social Justice”. From the political right, Glenn Beck, a Mormon, redefines “social justice” simply as code for “Nazism” or “Socialism”. From the political left, Jim Wallis, an Evangelical Christian, takes Beck to task and calls him out to public debate. Beck has refused to debate Wallis but rather is planning an all out attack on the Christian using his Fox Cable News television show and his talk radio show as the platform to “expose” Wallis.
Christianity Today posted a great article citing both sides of the debate with links to sources to help you formulate your own, hopefully balanced, opinion.
- Beck to Wallis: "In my time, I will respond. ... Just know the hammer's coming"
- Why does Glenn Beck hate Jesus?
- An Invitation to Glenn Beck
- In Spite of Glenn Beck’s New Threats, My Invitation to Dialogue Stands
- Beck revives witch hunt to paint Obama advisers as Marxists, Maoists and communists
- Rev. Wallis: Wolf in Shepherd Clothing? (scroll down page)
- The Family Research Council, Wolves, and Shepherds’ Clothing
- SBC leaders criticize Beck's choice of words, but say he has a point
- Glenn Beck Vs. God: The Bible Speaks For Itself
- Social Justice Under Fire